Pythagoras 9 CAPS (English)
English : 400 pages
Price : R160 (VAT, postage and packaging included)
We are excited to announce that Fisichem Publishers has a Mathematics study guide for Grade 9 on its shelves. The authors, Katie Müller and Margaret Rossouw, are young and dynamic and are both passionate about Mathematics. These sisters were raised in a home where Mathematics held pride of place, and teaching this subject is close to their hearts.
They identified areas where Grade 9 textbooks could be improved with regard to the number of exercises on each level of understanding and succeeded in rectifying such deficiencies in this study guide. They believe that this book will help learners to secure and extend their knowledge of Mathematics so that they could continue their high school career with a strong foundation in this subject.
Pythagoras 9 is complementary to learners’ class work and normal textbooks and provides them with the opportunity to do extra exercises. The exercises will help learners when doing revision in preparation for tests and examinations.
Each of the five learning outcomes and their subsections, as prescribed in the CAPS document, are covered comprehensively in this book. Each module consists of four sections:
- A brief discussion of the most important theory and typical examples.
- Exercise A: This exercise consists of simpler questions and is directed towards consolidating and securing learners’ knowledge.
- Exercise B: This exercise consists of more complex questions and is directed towards extending learners’ knowledge.
- Test: Each module concludes with a test. Learners should set a time restriction when they are completing such tests. A reasonable norm is 1 minute for every mark.
Please note: Some modules also contain an Exercise C. This mainly applies to modules which contain a large amount of content and the aim is to cluster the work better so as to enhance understanding. (This ranking had not been followed in Module 1.1, though, as this module covers a wide variety of subjects.)
The book as a whole comprises two sections:
- The brief discussion, exercises (questions) and test for each of the five learning outcomes and their subsections form the first part of the book.
- Complete answers to the exercises (questions) and tests (with mark allocation) form the second part.